Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (GA): Greenhouse gala raises funds for local food charityThis month, nearly 200 people gathered at Fill Ministries’ Aquaponics Farm in northeast Forsyth to celebrate the opening of their first greenhouse at the inaugural Feeding Hearts Farm to Table Gala.
At the event held on May 20, attendees were given an insider’s tour of the greenhouse, fed a meal of fresh harvest salad and berries and lemon dill tilapia, and together raised more than $180,000 to help fund the next greenhouse to be installed on the property.
“Within this wonderful community there are champions, there are heroes and there are trailblazers – individuals who care enough to be the change they want to see in the world,” Fill Ministries Executive Director Suellen Daniels stated in the release. “They show up, they deliver, they never disappoint and the families we serve know it.”
Fill Ministries cut the ribbon on their first greenhouse at a ceremony in late April, with the hopes that the farm could grow to as many as eight greenhouses. They say that each 156-feet by 35-feet greenhouse can potentially produce up to 70,000 plants and 1,200 full-size fish per year and cost $250,000 to build.
Publication date: 5/31/2018
Other news in this sector: