Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Soil management for horticultureAHDB Horticulture has released a new soil management guide. The guide is a practical manual for growers and agronomists with the primary focus on soil assessment and management in horticultural cropping systems.
This guide provides information on how to assess soil texture, structure and condition and considers strategies to improve and maintain good soil structure.
These include approaches for avoiding soil compaction where possible (eg lower tyre pressures, limiting wheel loads, avoiding cultivation when soils are wet and controlling traffic – page) as well as best practice for alleviating compaction, maintaining good drainage and enhancing organic matter to build productive soils that are more resistant to compaction and erosion, and more resilient during spells of dry and wet weather.
The guide has been produced as part of the AHDB GREATsoils research and knowledge exchange programme. You can find more resources on the GREATsoils page.
Publication date: 5/30/2018
Other news in this sector: