Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK parent calls 999 because son ‘won't eat his vegetables’
Wiltshire Police have revealed some of the inappropriate emergency calls they have received over the last year. The force is running a fresh campaign aimed at raising awareness about the correct use of 101 and 999. "Who You Gonna Call" has been launched because during the summer months the Crime and Communication Centre experiences an increase in calls to 101 and 999.
Although the majority of the calls are for genuine emergencies or will require police assistance, others are "entirely inappropriate and generate an unnecessary workload for our team of call handlers."
One person dialled 999 to say their son wouldn't eat his vegetables. Spirefm.co.uk described other time-wasters, like: ‘Does Hogwarts really exist?’, ‘Make the lightning stop’, ‘I'm being spiritually harassed’, and ‘Save me from that vicious cat’.
Publication date: 5/23/2018
Other news in this sector: