- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Australia: Getting growers export-ready
by Growcom CEO David Thomson
Funded by Hort Innovation, the project aims to increase Australian vegetable exports by supporting growers to capitalise on commercial business opportunities.
Export facilitators have been employed ‘on the ground’ in Queensland, WA and Tasmania as part of a network across Australia.
Growcom is proud to welcome Peter Hockings as an export facilitator for Queensland. He will work alongside the other facilitators to promote collaboration within the industry and provide links across the supply chain.
The facilitators’ work will assist in achieving the overarching objective of the Vegetable Industry Export Market Development Strategy of growing the value of vegetable exports by 40 per cent by 2020.
There is more opportunity now than ever before for Australian vegetable growers to become involved in export, especially with markets in Asia and the Middle East driving demand for fresh produce.
The perception of Australia as premium quality producer and our proximity to key markets puts us in a strong position in the international marketplace.
In addition to providing resources and extension support, the Export Facilitator Project will provide funding to assist export-ready growers in preparing export plans for their businesses.
The support offered will be tailored to individual businesses, both big and small, that are at different stages of development. Some businesses have a limited product range and seasonality. In these cases, the facilitators aim to connect growers and resources to create collaborative partnerships that will increase the chance of export success.
The Export Facilitator Project supports the delivery of the Vegetable Industry Export Market Development Strategy and the national Vegetable Export Development Program facilitated by the export Development team at AUSVEG.
Growcom welcomes the opportunities export has to offer as an alternative channel to domestic markets to improve business profitability. We are pleased to work closely with industry and other commodity groups to up-skill growers in horticulture and increase their negotiating power in the global marketplace.
For more information:
Primary Producers House
Level 3, 183 North Quay
Brisbane Qld 4000
PO Box 202
Fortitude Valley Qld 4006
p: 07 3620 3844
f: 07 3620 3880
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/25/2018 US (IL): Mobile farmers market makes fresh produce accessible and affordable
- 09/21/2018 US: Agtech company partners with podcast to launch educational series on soil health
- 09/19/2018 US (MO): Bayer donates living billboards harvest to St. Louis Area Foodbank
- 09/11/2018 Spain: Marketability probability study of cherry tomato cultivars
- 09/10/2018 Roasted: the tomato marketing board of Canada
- 09/03/2018 ‘Florida growers say Trump's NAFTA substitute won't halt Mexico's advantages’
- 08/31/2018 "Shared vision for sustainable agriculture"
- 08/30/2018 NatureFresh Farms donates produce to reduce food waste footprint
- 08/30/2018 Taste Australia yields big results in foreign trade
- 08/30/2018 US: AgSharks competition offers $250,000 minimum investment for startups
- 08/29/2018 US (MO): Growing veggies on a billboard
- 08/28/2018 Turkish exporters promote produce in Russia
- 08/24/2018 New Mexico officials start offensive to spot fake chile
- 08/21/2018 VegDoctor encourages Australian growers to innovate
- 08/20/2018 "A third of European fruit and veg crop too ugly to sell"
- 08/17/2018 How sustainability can increase your profits
- 08/17/2018 Ukraine: Fresh produce delivered straight from producer to consumer in Kherson
- 08/16/2018 PlanetProof releases English version of plant product certification scheme
- 08/10/2018 Lidl selling 5kg boxes of wonky fruit and veg for just £1.50
- 08/09/2018 M&S starts selling first 'Instagrammable vegetable'