- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (CA): Grower roundtable keynote presentation announced for Organic Grower Summit
- World’s first complete genome of sweet basil
- Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- Cutting two hectares of strawberry plants in one day
- "Helping growers with innovative products is at the heart of the company"
Top 5 -last month
- “We’re about to send a huge load of produce to Europe for next to nothing”
- Australia: Growcom supports crackdown on labour hire licensing
- US: Edible Garden to supply organic leafy greens to national grocery chains
- UK: New conference to drive technology advancements in horticulture
- Nepal: Vegetable prices go through the roof in Kathmandu
Top 5 -last week
Australia: Growcom introduces new CEO, David Thomson
As Growcom’s new CEO, I am keen to build on nearly 100 years of representing Queensland growers and am excited to be joining an industry that is full of passionate, experienced and committed players.
by David Thomson
I am committed to working with all levels of government to ensure that the policy settings are right to enable Queensland fruit, vegetable and nut growers to reach their potential and continue Growcom’s reputation as an apolitical advocate for evidence based policy.
I have worked over 30 years in manufacturing, distribution, logistics, politics and tourism in private and public sectors around Australia. I bring with me knowledge in finance, marketing and sales through my prior experience in management and advisory roles.
Whilst I don’t have a horticulture background, I have found through my career that there are a set of consistent management principles that I am sure will be equally applicable at Growcom. These include respect for others and the need to earn their respect, clear, open and empathetic communication and continuous improvement in everything we do.
Most importantly I am committed to an absolute focus on members and what is important to them.
In the upcoming weeks, it’s my priority to meet our members to determine how Growcom can best service the needs of the horticulture industry and its varied stakeholders.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank and wish our departing CEO, Pat Hannan, a happy and safe retirement. His dedicated service and passion for the role has left a lasting imprint on the company.
I also thank the Growcom Board for their confidence in me to bring about effective change through advocacy, improved grower engagement and the delivery of services to our growers on which our economy relies.
I look forward to leading the committed team at Growcom to ensure the long-term sustainability of the horticulture sector in Queensland.
For more information:
Primary Producers House
Level 3, 183 North Quay
Brisbane Qld 4000
PO Box 202
Fortitude Valley Qld 4006
p: 07 3620 3844
f: 07 3620 3880
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Bayer outlines its vision for the future of agriculture
- 09/20/2018 Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- 09/20/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: Monsanto asks court to toss $289 million glyphosate verdict
- 09/19/2018 Kenya: Koppert invests in Latia training centre
- 09/18/2018 "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- 09/18/2018 Rijk Zwaan opens brand-new R&D facility in Fijnaart
- 09/18/2018 "The Hague urban greenhouse cannot be made profitable"
- 09/17/2018 Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- 09/17/2018 China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- 09/17/2018 "Growers must get rid of their minority complex'"
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/13/2018 NL: New innovation center The Green East opened
- 09/13/2018 CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- 09/12/2018 Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'
- 09/11/2018 UL/CSA certified cable welding system launched
- 09/11/2018 Urban-gro promotes industry veteran to Executive Vice President, Operations
- 09/11/2018 Oil prices puts pressure on CMA CGM's EBIT, but they stay positive
- 09/10/2018 Biodegradable cultivation tarpaulin on Swedish land
- 09/10/2018 US (AK): Matanuska Experiment Farm gains new director