Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (WI): Hydroponic greenhouses give grower fast start in wet springThe wet spring in Wisconsin has slowed many farmers, all eager to start planting their fields. But that's not the case at Ledgeview Gardens. As Kris Schuller reports the De Pere family business started planting in their hydroponic greenhouses in March and are already beginning to harvest crops.
Inside the hydroponic greenhouses at Ledgeview Gardens, Darren Vollmer and his dad Joe are busy harvesting crops that many farmers have yet to even get in the ground.
“This definitely saves us in a year like this. I follow and talk to a lot of farmers who are struggling and trying to get product in,” said Darren.
With this system the two were able to plant these tomatoes from seeds in March, which will continue to produce through the fall with a vast quantity of quality fruit.
“It's like a weekly subscription to vegetables - our customers come out to the farm every week on Thursday between 11-6 and they can pick out what they want in their share,” said Darren.
Read more at wearegreenbay.com (Kris Schuller)
Publication date: 5/15/2018
Other news in this sector: