- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Why data is an essential nutrient for AeroFarms crops
Data increase inversely proportional to water usage
That imperative drove the well-backed startup’s partnership with information technology giant Dell. Two big projects are underway there, within the 70,000-square-foot facility that houses Aerofarms’ ninth indoor farming operation in Newark, New Jersey.
The first initiative uses sensors to track information at virtually every step of the growing process — from seeding to germination to growing to harvesting and packaging — and send it wirelessly to servers where it is closely analyzed. Aerofarms uses that information to improve taste, texture, color, yield and nutrition metrics for its crops, according to a case study published by the two companies.
More information on AeroFarms at the company's website.
Click here to read the full article at GreenBiz
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 05/31/2018 "Algae time again!"
- 05/30/2018 "EU Commission proposal on water re-use "step in right direction"
- 05/29/2018 Efficient utilization of water in plants
- 05/28/2018 US (DE): Flooding, waterlogged soils, and effects on vegetable crops
- 05/25/2018 Large scale fresh water supply Low Netherlands step closer
- 05/24/2018 Saudi Arabia: Ministry shows interest in biosaline agriculture
- 05/23/2018 US (MI): Irrigation considerations for the small vegetable farm
- 05/22/2018 EU Aquaponics Association launched
- 05/21/2018 Spanish growers to master durable water and nutrient usage
- 05/18/2018 Video: Combining water reuse and aquifer storage and recovery
- 05/17/2018 Tank supplier catches the eye of the wastewater industry
- 05/16/2018 Podcast about water challenges
- 05/15/2018 Irrigation water quality and soil structural stability
- 05/14/2018 Data increase inversely proportional to water usage
- 05/11/2018 How much do they really need?
- 05/10/2018 US (CT): Growing with aquaponics at UConn
- 05/09/2018 "Increase outputs and keep irrigation lines clear"
- 05/08/2018 Innovative techniques for sustainable water use in crops
- 05/07/2018 It's all about irrigation at the International Sustainable Irrigation Expo
- 05/03/2018 "Spain: "More needs to be done with less water"