Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Joint venture between Cultiva and Taylor FarmsCultiva, an Italian company renowned on a global level, has had yet another success. Last month, Cultiva Farms USA and Taylor Farms - the largest fresh-cut fruit and vegetable producer in the US - officially announced an important partnership.
The event celebrated the opening of the first 800 baby leaf greenhouses and of the new Jennings cold storage system, part of a $10 million project to cool, store and ship the produce improving its quality and cutting transport costs.
The ribbon cutting ceremony.
The objective is to obtain a significant production of baby leaves in the East Coast by importing Cultiva's Italian cultivation techniques. The expertise, resources, partners, software and greenhouse structures are all Italian.
In addition to partners representing the two companies, exponents from the state of Florida, academics from the Florida University and county government bodies such as the Hamilton County Development Authority (HCDA) also attended.
Cultiva Farms president Federico Boscolo explained that "we wanted to offer a local alternative to East Coast productions. The event was a way to officially announce our partnership, which is a virtuous example of collaboration between private company and public body. It has a strong impact on the local community and we are proud of it."
Florida Secretary of Commerce Peter Antonacci took part in the ceremony on behalf of Governor Scott showed his support and welcomed the company within the community.
Video of the event.
Publication date: 5/11/2018
Other news in this sector: