Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
First legal cannabis plantation planned in Belgium Limburg
Limburg entrepreneurs are working on the first legal cannabis plantation in the country, making use of the rise of medicinal cannabis. Cannabis company Rendocan is making everything ready to build a nursery and research center for medical cannabis in Limburg. The company is waiting for the green-light from the Ministry of Health and a capital injection from investors.
The construction of the cannabis nursery is planned in Kinrooi on the terrain of Agropolis, which was developed as a gathering place for innovative agricultural activities. Rendocan will be situated next to a pike perch farm and next to a company that develops biological pesticides.
Rendocan has 15 hectare at its disposal, but in the first phase only 1 hectare is being developed with spaces for breeding, processing, research and offices. Target: producing 5,000 kilos of medical cannabis a year. The investment is over 20 million euro, and has to create about 100 jobs. CEO and co-founder Joris Vanvinckenrove: "It is a very labor intensive business."
In 2016 he started collaborating with Steven Peters, an experienced entrepreneur in the financial and pharmaceutical world with top functions at Docpharma, Uteron Pharma, and Mithra. Together they are fully committed to the world of medicinal cannabis.
Read the entire article here (in Dutch).
Publication date: 5/10/2018
Other news in this sector: