Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Aeroponic farming system in New LondonSome 16 months ago, Kevin Ortenblad and Brian Dengler -along with their wives- started to build the region's first commercial-scale aeroponics lettuce farm when they asked Connecticut grocery stores and restaurateurs if they would be interested in buying lettuce grown year-round in rural New London.
The entrepreneurs already operated the Living Greens Farm out of Faribault, Minnesota. Now it has a franchise in New London that is ready to do the same for that community. Ortenblad and Dengler modified their aeroponics system and the plants are growing faster than expected. When the facility is eventually in full year-round production, the 102- by 50-foot building will produce the equivalent of a 180-acre farm.
Publication date: 5/9/2018
Other news in this sector: