Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Meteor Systems Hydroponic Floating Raft
New hydroponics float prevents water contaminationMaintaining a clean and safe cultivation environment is important for many reasons. Hydroponics adds an additional factor that poses a challenge, because the water container must be kept free of germs and other contaminants. The plastic floats that contain the crops or herbs can become a source of all kinds of unwanted flora and fauna.
With the introduction of the Hydroponic Floating Raft float, Meteor Systems has found a solution. The float is made of high-density polyethylene (HDPE), a hard plastic with a coarse structure that makes pollution 'practically impossible'. The float is also easy to clean and should have a longer life span than floats made of EPS. Moreover, due to the special shape of the planting hole, it is suitable for both traditional substrate plugs and substrate-free cultivation.
Meteor Systems developed a new, patented planter for the latter, which will be available in the summer.
More information about the Hydroponic Floating Raft can be found in this PDF.
For more information:
Meteor Systems BV.
4817 ZK Breda
+31 76 504 28 42
Publication date: 5/14/2018
Other news in this sector: