Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Meteor Systems Hydroponic Floating Raft
New hydroponics float prevents water contaminationMaintaining a clean and safe cultivation environment is important for many reasons. Hydroponics adds an additional factor that poses a challenge, because the water container must be kept free of germs and other contaminants. The plastic floats that contain the crops or herbs can become a source of all kinds of unwanted flora and fauna.
With the introduction of the Hydroponic Floating Raft float, Meteor Systems has found a solution. The float is made of high-density polyethylene (HDPE), a hard plastic with a coarse structure that makes pollution 'practically impossible'. The float is also easy to clean and should have a longer life span than floats made of EPS. Moreover, due to the special shape of the planting hole, it is suitable for both traditional substrate plugs and substrate-free cultivation.
Meteor Systems developed a new, patented planter for the latter, which will be available in the summer.
More information about the Hydroponic Floating Raft can be found in this PDF.
For more information:
Meteor Systems BV.
4817 ZK Breda
+31 76 504 28 42
Publication date: 5/14/2018
Other news in this sector: