- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Pepper grow trials using CO2 foliar spray technology show added value"
- Horticultural suppliers out in the open at MJBizCon
- "Smart lighting makes growing easier and more cost effective"
- US: Cannabis takes root on California’s Central Coast
- Strategic review readies NZ horticultural innovator to go global
Top 5 -last month
- Cotton wool mats used to grow microgreens
- Dutch acreage starting material reaches record height
- "New cultivation systems offer an answer to anonymous food consumption"
- CAN (ON): Developing a strategy for better information on organic production
- Lithuanian food watchdog receives four complaints over needles in food
Top 5 -last week
- Protected cropping heralded as ideal system to help supercharge Australian agriculture
- "Africa needs its young people to modernize its agricultural sectors"
- Polish investments of 200 thousand euros in Kazakhstan agricultural projects
- Ireland: Sustainability Support & Advisory Programme rolled out
- US (NJ): 144 schools offering fresh fruit and vegetable program
Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
It concerns a video compilation of the Viscon Hydroponics videos, showing a fully automated hydroponic system. On various LinkedIn pages (1) (2) over 160,000 views were realized - which is impressive, but not if you compare it to Facebook! It gained over 9 million views there. "Not often is horticultural technology something that gets attention on a worldwide scale", the company comments. "As an industry we can be proud that consumers and companies around the world applaud the innovation level, the food safety and optimal use of resources."
Image of horticulture
It also gives a clear impression on the image of horticulture and the subjects to work on. "Wow, cool system. Takes a lot of foresight and bravado to design, engineer and fabricate this as a new system. Doesn’t look cheap, but most impressive system by far", can be read in the comments, and "absolutely amazing, I dream to own such a factory". On the other hand people also wondered about the nutritional value of the crop and the use of water. They get responds from others, "there's actually more nutrients in this because you control everything that goes into them and why would the taste be any different", but still: these are the topics for the industry to work on!
For more information:
3295 KH 's-Gravendeel
P.O. Box 5103
3295 ZG 's-Gravendeel
T: +31 (0) 78 673 98 98
F: +31 (0) 78 673 34 34
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 "Smart lighting makes growing easier and more cost effective"
- 2018-11-14 US: VividGro partners with GrowGeneration to launch lighting solutions for commercial growers
- 2018-11-14 "Broad spectrum and high photon efficacy help plants grow superior buds"
- 2018-11-13 Spain: Inverdron, a project for greenhouse monitoring
- 2018-11-13 Netherlands: Research grants awarded for stronger lettuce and smarter agrofood robots
- 2018-11-13 "Precision agriculture can revolutionise the industry"
- 2018-11-13 "Next-generation light solution ensures high-yield, consistent harvests"
- 2018-11-12 Vietnam: In search of Israel’s hi-tech farming assistance
- 2018-11-12 Waking sleeping plants with plasmas
- 2018-11-09 CAN (BC): Innovative food, horticulture and nutrition research at KPU secures major funding
- 2018-11-09 "Small genetic differences turn plants into better teams"
- 2018-11-08 "Africa needs its young people to modernize its agricultural sectors"
- 2018-11-08 “Better serving local installers and growers”
- 2018-11-08 Study: Extending shelf life of fresh produce by up to 4 days
- 2018-11-08 CAN (QC): Lighting technology replicates the sun
- 2018-11-07 Labor tracking in commercial greenhouses
- 2018-11-05 US: Researchers seek input from culinary herb growers
- 2018-11-05 LED producer salutes 60 years of NASA research
- 2018-11-02 US (IL): Study provides whole-system view of plant cold stress
- 2018-11-02 "Underground thermal energy storage enables sustainable winter heating"