- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Supporting development of Norwegian fruit and vegetables
- "Asparagus and strawberries make it possible to create year-round employment"
- Tomatoes could hold the key for infertility problems
- US (CA): Proposals open for 2019 specialty crop grants
- ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
Top 5 -last week
- Turkey: Green pepper production and export figures
- Singapore recalls Malaysian iceberg lettuce over pesticide content
- CubicFarm Systems readies for expansion into cannabis sector as Bevo Agro prepares to become Zenabis Global
- Can greenhouse crop production become efficient enough to produce food for the masses?
- Kazakhstan: Number of greenhouses on the rise in Turkestan
increase of sales for Abundant Seeds:
"It's harder for varieties from overseas to enter Australian market"
Vegetables & Health products
Abundant Seeds is based in Sydney and Cobbitty and works closely together with the University of Sydney's Plant Breeding Institute. The company is known not only for breeding hybrid greenhouse vegetables, but also for its production of skin care products based on natural vegetable extracts. Recently they announced further penetration of the Chinese market with their Abundant Natural Health products.
The tomato infused Lycopene face cream by Abundant Natural Health Products
Also for the seeds division, the prospects are inspiring. "Domestic cucumber seed sales have increased along the Eastern Seaboard of NSW and in Adelaide, SA. We believe sales have increased due to farmers’ concerns about disease from imported varieties and their ability to fully adapt to local conditions", Abundant Produce Group CEO, Mr Tony Crimmins announced. "The estimated $9 million cucumber seed market is ready for change and we are gearing up to capitalise on this with AS’s Australian developed, higher yield seeds that produce quality fruit and therefore more profit to the farmer and better produce and value to the Australian consumer."
From the Abundant Seeds Portfolio: Jyndy Cucumbers & Miranda Baby Roma Tomatoes
This year, Abundant Seeds will commence the sale of their tomato seeds to the domestic market. "They produce beautiful yields of tasty cherry type tomatoes. Our objective is to produce this seed in Australia so that we are 100% Australian from concept all the way to the consumer’s table. With consumer’s becoming more and more educated and interested in the origin of their food, our tomato seed sales should flourish from our new drive into the domestic market."
He continues: "Internationally, we now have our tomato sweetness and colour traits firmly implanted into our major distributors varieties. Further successful trials will allow direct incorporation into the current sales of this major distributors market. The benefit to AS is that our traits are incorporated into a whole portfolio of tomato varieties and sales become apparent immediately rather than waiting for the market to accept our new variety. We have also dispatched new cucumber varieties to our distributor to test in the Middle East."
Recently Abundant Seeds has successfully implemented new and improved software for cucumber and tomato selection, which has allowed them to accelerate the selection process and improve their varieties with greater efficiency and speed. "Not only for present vegetable lines but also for our capsicum eggplant range", Tony comments.
“Abundant Seeds continues to supply Abundant Natural Health with its source product, which is intrinsic to its success. Importantly, we are working hard to develop new IP for vegetable seed and varieties and lifestyle nutraceuticals. With both companies working synergistically, Abundant Natural Health leverages the deep scientific knowledge within Abundant Seeds to ensure we achieve the best possible outcome for all stakeholders.”
For more information:
Suite 8, 6th Floor,
55 Miller Street,
Pyrmont, NSW 2009,
Phone: +61 2 9571 8300
Fax: +61 2 9571 8200
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 De Ruiter Experience Center welcomes 2018th visitor of 2018
- 10/12/2018 Support crop conservation... while playing board games
- 10/11/2018 CAN (ON): Testing, Testing, TOV
- 10/10/2018 "Responsible work in a great team"
- 10/09/2018 Research seeks more productive tomato for southeast Turkey
- 10/09/2018 The Gemini basil: an alternative from Sais
- 10/05/2018 Closer planting, a crispy bite and trio cultivation in lettuce
- 10/05/2018 Knox and Knox Core Product of the Year at Polish Fresh Market
- 10/05/2018 ‘Turbocharging’ photosynthesis increases plant biomass
- 10/05/2018 "Mendel was actually looking for innovative crops"
- 10/04/2018 "Only seeds that have commercial value remain"
- 10/04/2018 Siberian scientists are breeding a new black tomato
- 10/04/2018 "Small steps forward: particularly large vegetables offer opportunities"
- 10/03/2018 US: An introduction to Rutgers downy mildew resistant sweet basils
- 10/03/2018 "Super-tomato shows what plant scientists can do"
- 10/02/2018 CRISPR could bring groundcherries to market
- 10/01/2018 ASTA welcomes new Sr. Director, International Programs & Policy
- 09/28/2018 The Netherlands: new blue, or rather, green zone?
- 09/26/2018 How do plant cells know in which direction to divide?
- 09/21/2018 Newly discovered enzyme is 'firing pin' for plant immunity