- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Albania is Europe's secret treasure
"The Ministry of Agriculture recently helped us achieve 1000 hectares of greenhouses, which was a big boost for our production. This has made it possible for the country to have year round greenhouse production of cucumbers, zucchini, capsicum, broccoli, cauliflower, kaki and tomatoes, along with open field production of leek, cabbage, blueberries wild and cultivated, raspberry, chestnut, pine nuts and truffles", he explains. For seasonal products, the season is just starting for watermelons.
"The strawberries coming out of Albania are first class. Most of the Albanian growers worked in Greece in the past which helped them gain knowledge about production before starting for themselves. We have the climate, good soil, along with intelligent and honest business people to become the next Italy in terms of production, but now it is just about overcoming past political turmoil for our people to gain the belief that they are good enough for markets beyond Albania," Edona continued.
"Along with supplying neighbouring countries around Albania, we have had a lot of interest from Italy, which has started importing our products. The next step is to help boost the Albanian economy by helping connect producers with Dutch partners and beyond."
For more information:
Tel: +31 640739555
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 US: Forty-four States allowed households to apply online for SNAP benefits in 2016
- 09/21/2018 CAN (AB): Province announces changes to Green Certificate Program
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 "Aquaponics can revitalize Connecticut’s economy"
- 09/21/2018 3rd China-ASEAN Agricultural Cooperation Forum held in Nanning
- 09/21/2018 HortiFresh to stimulate fruits and vegetables sector in West Africa
- 09/21/2018 "France and Belgium are positioning themselves on dual-use varieties"
- 09/20/2018 USDA awards CLEDA $294,286 farmers market grant
- 09/20/2018 Who is buying the most organic groceries?
- 09/20/2018 US (FL): Agriculture, natural resources and food industries grew 2007-2016
- 09/20/2018 $450k for agtech/foodtech companies through Radicle Global Pre-Seed Challenge
- 09/20/2018 Strong production leaves California lettuce market subdued
- 09/20/2018 Costa Rican government and unions willing to start a dialogue to end the strike
- 09/20/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/20/2018 China's annual output of peppers is 40 million tons
- 09/19/2018 "Vertical farming in the Netherlands not an addition"
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/19/2018 UK: LEAF welcomes launch of new Agriculture Bill
- 09/19/2018 Queensland strawberry industry calls for calm in wake of tampering issue