Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (FL): Cultiva Farms celebrates expansionLast week, Cultiva Farms USA celebrated the completion of its new cold storage facility, part of a $10 million project to build a leafy salad crop farm.
The Hamilton County Development Authority awarded a two-part grant to support the company’s growth, to employ 34 people and to build the cold storage facility. The investment highlights Hamilton County’s multi-million support for the agriculture industry which currently boasts more than $400 million gross regional product.
“This event showcased both Cultiva Farms incredible facility and its commitment to our community,” said HCDA Executive Director Susan Ramsey. “Hamilton County’s agricultural location serves as the perfect location for their growth and success.”
Cultiva Farms USA is a partnership between an Italian family company, Cultiva, and the largest American producer of fresh-cut vegetables and fruit, Taylor Farms.
According to suwanneedemocrat.com, the new location is bringing Italian growing techniques to the US market, increasing the production of salad crops in the eastern United States.
Publication date: 4/13/2018
Other news in this sector: