- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Australia's strawberry needle scare spurs proposal for 15-year jail term
- US (CA): Cannabis cultivation facility expands beyond original scope
- Who is buying the most organic groceries?
- $450k for agtech/foodtech companies through Radicle Global Pre-Seed Challenge
- World’s first complete genome of sweet basil
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
UK: Silverdale Nursery has erected caravans for cucumber pickers
With the growing season now extended to 11 months - from late January to November or December - the company claims it needs eight crop workers on hand for the majority of the year.
The relatively low wages of the workers and high price of renting locally has led UK Salads to erect four two-person caravans on site, which it is now requesting planning permission for.
In its application, town planner Stephen Hayhurst wrote: "The ability to attract good quality labour to work on the nursery is crucial to maintaining and enhancing the business’s viability.
"The viability of the nursery would be under threat if insufficient accommodation were available on site in the future."
Read more at the East London and West Essex Guardian Series
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 How does a pepper travel from the farm to your plate?
- 09/19/2018 Success of Agriculture Bill will be in the details, warns British Growers
- 09/19/2018 Bell peppers pampered at World Horti Center
- 09/18/2018 Efficient irrigation for blueberry grower
- 09/18/2018 France: Hotel puts stop to food waste with virtuous biosystem
- 09/17/2018 Nigeria: Wells Hosa Greenhouse will partner with government, private sector
- 09/17/2018 US (WY): Tomato grower pleads guilty to growing marijuana
- 09/14/2018 Earlier strawberry crop and year-round production with LED toplighting
- 09/14/2018 Belgian tomato group switching to hybrid lighting system
- 09/14/2018 Australian tomato grower goes from strength to strength using latest technology
- 09/14/2018 Abu Dhabi: Cultivation started in Al Dahra BayWa greenhouse
- 09/14/2018 US (VA): Year-round greenhouse draws tourists' attention to family farm
- 09/14/2018 AU: Katunga fresh to expand with 15 hectare cucumber greenhouse
- 09/12/2018 India: Women growers looking to save environment, conserve water
- 09/12/2018 Bristol man baffled by giant cucumbers
- 09/12/2018 Australia: Is your farm eligible for a grant of up to $500,000?
- 09/12/2018 US (MO): A hydroponic twist on the family farm
- 09/12/2018 Australia: Greenhouse growers tour Woolgoolga
- 09/11/2018 Largest organic nursery in Central America inaugurated in Panama
- 09/11/2018 US (NC): Hydroponic farm buzzing with activity