Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: Students to turn former prison into urban greenhouseTwenty-three student teams from around the world have taken up the challenge to transform the former Amsterdam Bijlmerbajes prison and its surrounding area into an urban greenhouse. This innovation competition is a perfect match for the plans for this area as the prison district is earmarked to become a green, healthy and pleasant neighbourhood in which to live.
The renovation of this Bijlmertoren is part of a general repurposing of the entire prison complex, which envisages 1,350 private residences, art studios and start-up offices. The new tower is to provide a green touch to the area, possibly in the form of a vertical urban greenhouse.
WUR is organising the design challenge in the context of this year’s centennial. Whether the architect will incorporate the winning design in his renovation plans will be announced at the prize ceremony, which will be held on 28 August.
Source: Wageningen University & Research
Publication date: 5/7/2018
Other news in this sector: