- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- Positive news for growers within fruit fly control zones
- USDA awards CLEDA $294,286 farmers market grant
- US (CA): Grower roundtable keynote presentation announced for Organic Grower Summit
- Australia: Sustainable agriculture in the spotlight at GFIA In Focus
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Svensson hires Account Manager and Climate Consultant
Mark van Dijk (left) and Nelson Perez
Svensson is an exceedingly international family business. The climate screens are developed and manufactured in Sweden and are sold throughout the world. With offices in the United States, China, South Korea, and the Netherlands, Svensson's offer is worldwide. It is at Svensson's office in Hellevoetsluis, the Netherlands where Nelson Perez (35) and Mark van Dijk (30) serve their customers.
‘I’m going to be working from the southern Spanish city of Almería’, explains Nelson Perez, who will be advising growers in Spain and Portugal. Almería is Spain’s largest continuous market gardening region, with a surface area of 31,000 ha. ‘What can I advise growers? If they’re going to start using Harmony in their greenhouses, for example, then production will increase 20 to 25%.’
Born in Venezuela, Perez studied at the Central University of Venezuela in the capital city of Caracas and completed his master’s degree in Greenhouse Production at the University of Almería in Spain. ‘I’ve got dual nationality due to my mother being Spanish. I ran my own business in Venezuela for a few years, Plantulas la Majada, but I’ve been working in Spain since 2014.’
Greenhouse-building runs in the family
Mark van Dijk will be working closely with Perez. He is the new account manager for several greenhouse builders and installers throughout Holland as well as for installers in Spain and Portugal. ‘The Iberian peninsula is an important sales market for us, because there are endless opportunities.’
Van Dijk made the move to Svensson because, as he says himself, he needed a new challenge. It is also a familiar field for him: ‘I’m from the Westland region, and used to earn my keep working in the greenhouse. What’s more, my dad has been working as a greenhouse builder for 40 years now. He taught me that it’s an international sector. He specializes in building garden centres.’
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Share Logistics expanding in Europe and The Americas
- 09/21/2018 Certis USA names Taylor Aguilera as Regional Manager-Northern California
- 09/21/2018 US (MI): Food and agriculture grants boost asparagus business
- 09/21/2018 Belgium: Biobest receives Export Lion 2018 award
- 09/21/2018 US (OR): Fall Creek Farm & Nursery hires Matt Kramer
- 09/20/2018 Bayer outlines its vision for the future of agriculture
- 09/20/2018 Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- 09/20/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: Monsanto asks court to toss $289 million glyphosate verdict
- 09/19/2018 Kenya: Koppert invests in Latia training centre
- 09/18/2018 "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- 09/18/2018 Rijk Zwaan opens brand-new R&D facility in Fijnaart
- 09/18/2018 "The Hague urban greenhouse cannot be made profitable"
- 09/17/2018 Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- 09/17/2018 China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- 09/17/2018 "Growers must get rid of their minority complex'"
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/13/2018 NL: New innovation center The Green East opened
- 09/13/2018 CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- 09/12/2018 Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'