Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Carolina Reaper" once again the world's hottest chilli pepperFort Mill's "Smokin' Ed's Carolina Reaper" has once again been certified as the world's hottest chilli pepper by Guinness World Records.
This isn't the first time Ed Currie, who owns the PuckerButt Pepper Company where the super-hot chillis are grown, has had the honor of claiming the hottest pepper in the world. He first made his claim to fame in 2014 when Guinness announced his first Carolina Reaper had taken the title.
According to tucsonnewsnow.com the new pepper, however, is even hotter. Coming in at a record average of 1,641,000 SHU (Scoville heat units), it's more than 71,000 SHU hotter than Currie's previous record-holder. To put that in perspective - jalapeno peppers score between 2,500 and 8,000 SHU.
Click here to watch the video
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Other news in this sector: