- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- US (MI): Food and agriculture grants boost asparagus business
- New Zealand: Native birds as potential alternative to pesticides
- Korean company builds aquaponic greenhouse in Kazakhstan
- New 10-litre pot for raspberries, blackberries and blueberries
- How to make the conservation and utilization of neglected plant varieties economically viable?
More African farms turning to hydroponics
For anyone who cares about our resources, it’s not difficult to obtain research about the “carbon footprint” of food transportation and the many other ways in which we harm our environment through producing our food. It is clear that we cannot continue on the way we have always produced food.
NFT Hydro, as the manufacturers and suppliers of Hydroponic NFT Systems and equipment, has become a key part of this shift change in South Africa & Africa. We have seen a significant up-take in growing hydroponically from our South African urban farmers, rooftops growers in our cities and commercial farmers searching for alternative methods of farming to meet the demand for higher yield and the consumers’ concern for the environment.
These urban growers and emerging farmers in South Africa are able contribute to food security through the KHULA farmers App (meaning GROW) which allow farmers to list their produce and track real time inventory levels from emerging farmers as well as basic production forecasting. The App also includes a crowd-sourcing marketplace where farmers can satisfy market demand and incoming orders.
That being said, some of our African neighbours have been even quicker on the uptake of Hydroponics than South Africans, the vast majority of whom, not surprisingly, are women.
NFT Hydro export on a regular basis into Africa as well as the rest of the world, attesting to the quality of our products proudly manufactured here in South Africa.
For more information:
Tel: +27 (0)83 737 8602
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/24/2018 Greenyard to sell horticultural division
- 09/24/2018 “A greenhouse so clean, you can perform a surgery in it”
- 09/20/2018 "Helping growers with innovative products is at the heart of the company"
- 09/17/2018 Bejo introduces new sustainable seed coating
- 09/12/2018 Turkey: Turkish tomato growers drop the use of American seeds
- 09/10/2018 When should I remove the coating?
- 09/10/2018 Which film suits your tomato planting the best?
- 09/06/2018 UK fruit and veg growers can employ up to 2,500 migrants per year
- 09/05/2018 Levy-funded project creates online greenhouse toolbox for veg growers
- 09/04/2018 "LEDs bring the harvest of strawberries forward"
- 09/03/2018 "Intelligent Sprayer: commercialization approved"
- 09/03/2018 Increasing lettuce coloration with LEDs
- 08/22/2018 Kenya: Retired chemist grows vegetable seedlings for money
- 08/20/2018 "Compostable twine holds up well in the stress of hot summers"
- 08/09/2018 France: Vilmorin-Mikado acquires Danish seed company Advanseed
- 07/19/2018 Russia: URALCHEM gets 4.3 million USD for environmental projects
- 07/10/2018 "Horticulture in Syria is growing"
- 07/09/2018 “Biodegradable materials will become the standard”
- 07/05/2018 Pakistan: Punjab government makes plans to sell seed kits
- 07/03/2018 Busy days for greenhouse suppliers in Russia