Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
First Dutch orange peppers for the Royal couple
It is now an annual tradition: on Wednesday March 28 Petra Barendse and Alex Zwinkels offered the first orange peppers of the year to King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima at Paleis Noordeinde in The Hague.
The Dutch orange pepper contains plenty of vitamin C and easily beats the orange and the kiwi according to the growers. The orange pepper growers are proud that the first Dutch orange peppers are being harvested at the moment. To garner attention for this vegetable with its specific royal colour, the Royal couple are being offered the first of the new harvest of Dutch orange peppers.
The cultivation of orange peppers takes place in greenhouses in the Netherlands. Orange pepper growers say they make sure their pepper plants receive 'royal' attention and can grow optimally in their greenhouses by giving them the right temperature, optimal food and as much light as possible. Dangerous insects are combated by their natural enemies in the greenhouse with an organic crop protection system. In short, orange peppers are a typically Dutch quality product, grown sustainably with thermal heat.
The orange pepper is distinguished by its sweet flavour and thin flesh. Orange peppers are also very important because they contain a lot of vitamin C, calcium and protein, important for strong bones and muscles. The nutrients luteïne and zeaxanthine are important to prevent eye problems. The peppers are very suitable for snacking, but also to make a delicious soup.
Publication date: 4/4/2018
Other news in this sector: