- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Indian gherkin growers meet market standards
All gherkins produced in India are produced for export, mainly to Europe and to the United States. Neo Food Private t Ltd is among the top four biggest gherkin exporters of the country. The company owns several production locations where they grow various Rijk Zwaan varieties. Vice president Mr. Sridhar Hebbar: “The gherkin market is very challenging and competitive. We need high quality seeds to meet the increasing demands from the West with regards to appearance and food safety. Several years ago, there was only one seed supplier, so Rijk Zwaan was a very welcome and necessary new player on the market. The seed quality has improved significantly since their arrival.”
Gherkins for the premium market
To develop high quality varieties for the Indian market, Rijk Zwaan can rely on its global network and expertise. “We already have extensive experience in the cultivation of gherkin due to our activities in Europe and Northern America”, Prasanna Damdahalli Gowda, Account Manager Gherkin at Rijk Zwaan India explains. “Combined with our local knowledge and local trials, we are able to develop varieties that are suitable for cultivation in India. As a result, we can offer our growers gherkin hybrids of consistent high quality with the necessary resistances. These varieties yield more first grade gherkins for the premium market and comply to the required environmental and food safety standards. Growing these varieties thus also contributes to the financial stability of the growers.”
On top of the game
High quality seeds are the start, but according to Mr. Sridhar Hebbar, success relies on making the right decision on the right time. “That’s why it is so important for us that Rijk Zwaan offers after sales service. They assist us throughout the entire process and really know us and the market. For me it’s very important to do business with a company that I can trust and that stays on top of the game. We’re looking forward to see what Rijk Zwaan has to offer us next.”
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 "Helping growers with innovative products is at the heart of the company"
- 09/17/2018 Bejo introduces new sustainable seed coating
- 09/12/2018 Turkey: Turkish tomato growers drop the use of American seeds
- 09/10/2018 Which film suits your tomato planting the best?
- 09/10/2018 When should I remove the coating?
- 09/06/2018 UK fruit and veg growers can employ up to 2,500 migrants per year
- 09/05/2018 Levy-funded project creates online greenhouse toolbox for veg growers
- 09/04/2018 "LEDs bring the harvest of strawberries forward"
- 09/03/2018 "Intelligent Sprayer: commercialization approved"
- 09/03/2018 Increasing lettuce coloration with LEDs
- 08/22/2018 Kenya: Retired chemist grows vegetable seedlings for money
- 08/20/2018 "Compostable twine holds up well in the stress of hot summers"
- 08/09/2018 France: Vilmorin-Mikado acquires Danish seed company Advanseed
- 07/19/2018 Russia: URALCHEM gets 4.3 million USD for environmental projects
- 07/10/2018 "Horticulture in Syria is growing"
- 07/09/2018 “Biodegradable materials will become the standard”
- 07/05/2018 Pakistan: Punjab government makes plans to sell seed kits
- 07/03/2018 Busy days for greenhouse suppliers in Russia
- 06/29/2018 Italy: Verisem Distribution acquires Franchi Sementi
- 06/28/2018 Philippines: Seed supplier targets growing urban farming market