Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: The Greenery opens vegetable season
On Wednesday 14 March 2018, The Greenery opened its vegetable season. During the kick-off, The Greenery’s vegetable growers presented their products to customers and relations.
Every year, The Greenery organises the kick-off of the Dutch vegetable season. This year, the opening took place at the location of Westlandpeppers in De Lier, the Netherlands. During the kick-off, various vegetables were presented, such as yellow courgette, graffiti aubergines, beefsteak tomatoes, (snack) bell peppers and (snack) cucumbers, a very large assortment of tomatoes and various types of peppers.
Over snacks prepared by chef Mario and drinks, various vegetables could be inspected. The growers informed the nearly 150 visitors about specific qualities, production and availability of their product(s). According to salesman and organiser Jesper van Oostende, this is very important. “The kick-off of the Dutch vegetable season is more than that. We want to inform our customers about the broad range of vegetables we can supply year-round thanks to our growers. Every year, we get many enthusiastic responses, and this year is no exception.”
Every year, prizes are distributed as well, and those present can win a travel cheque worth €500 from Reas Reizen. This year, the lucky winner was Jorick Steenks of the Koornstra company in De Lier.
The Greenery looks back on a successful, pleasant afternoon, and is looking forward to a good sales season.
Publication date: 3/22/2018
Other news in this sector: