Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouseBitcoin mining is hot - literally. We recently shared news of an aquaponics farm powered by cryptocurrency. Now the residual heat produced by mining bitcoins has been used successfully to power a greenhouse full of tomatoes in the Czech Republic.
On March 10 the co-founder of the exchange Nakamoto X, Kamil Brejcha, revealed a photo of large bunches of tomatoes that were grown using excess heat from cryptocurrency miners. Brejcha explains the “cryptomatoes” became a reality after they developed a system that helps blow excess heat into the greenhouse.
According to Brejcha people will be able to buy the tomatoes in common shops. He says the team has developed a system called a “Cointainer” which is located in the basement and excess mining heat is blown into the greenhouses. Additionally, Brejcha says the team has vertical farming planned for the startup’s roadmap as well following the project’s initial stages.
Source: Bitcoin News
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Other news in this sector: