- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- US: Monsanto asks court to toss $289 million glyphosate verdict
- How to make the conservation and utilization of neglected plant varieties economically viable?
- US (MO): Bayer donates living billboards harvest to St. Louis Area Foodbank
- FPAA to hold first ever women’s leadership invitational
- Greenhouses boost nutrition in Bolivia
Top 5 -last month
- Netherlands: World Food Prize laureates to speak at SDG conference
- "Agriculture is gearing up for the fourth industrial revolution"
- US (CA): Hydroponic grower introduces 'Sea Beans'
- Vietnam: Cần Thơ targets agricultural growth of 3.5 per cent per year
- Azerbaijan: Agriculture Ministry establishes smart greenhouses
Top 5 -last week
Turkey: Greenhouse production increases by 55%
Turkey's Union of Chambers of Agriculture (TZOB) Chairman Semsi Bayraktar reported a 55.6 % increase in greenhouse fruit and vegetable production over a 10-year period where the production has risen from 5.53 million tons to 7.863 million tons.
Bayraktar, in his written statement, noted that thanks to greenhouse production, many products are available on the market throughout the year.
Bayraktar: “The share of tomatoes in greenhouse production is 48.7% of the total greenhouse production of fruits and vegetables and 51.9% of the vegetables produced in greenhouses. According to the 2017 data, 3,830 million tons of tomatoes, 1,122 tons of cucumber, 791,000 tons of watermelon, 186,000 tons of cantaloupe, 395,000 tons of green pepper, 101,000 tons of sweet pepper, 345,000 tons of eggplants, 219,000 tons of zucchini, 48,000 tons of green beans and 67,000 tons of lettuce is produced in Turkey in greenhouses. In fruits, over a 10-year period, greenhouse production of bananas has increased from 135,000 tons to 322,000 tons, whereas strawberry production has risen from 100,000 tons to 155,000 tons. Apricot, plum and nectarines are also produced in greenhouses across Turkey.
87% of bananas, 61% of cucumbers, 60% sweet pepper, 49% of zucchini, 42% of green pepper, 39% of eggplants and strawberries, 36% of lettuce and 30% of tomatoes in Turkey is grown in greenhouses.
During the same 10-year period, the population of Turkey has increased from 70.5 million to 80.8 million, a 14.5% increase. For the same period, the growth rate in greenhouse production is 55.6%, which consequently led to an increase in the amount of greenhouse fruit and vegetable production per capita in Turkey from 71.6 kilos to 97.3 kilos.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 Greenhouses boost nutrition in Bolivia
- 09/18/2018 Germany: Wittingen gets first joint Food & Energy facility
- 09/18/2018 Korean company builds aquaponic greenhouse in Kazakhstan
- 09/18/2018 US: Greenhouse atop SEH accommodates unorthodox student experiments
- 09/18/2018 Russia: 11 ha greenhouse under construction in Kuban
- 09/17/2018 Russia: High-tech greenhouse complex opened in Rostov region
- 09/17/2018 Russia: Greenhouse vegetables crops in Moscow region up 77%
- 09/14/2018 US (IL): Sangamon Valley students anticipating new greenhouse
- 09/14/2018 Record harvest at Antarctic greenhouse
- 09/14/2018 Samoan growers get tunnel and shade houses from China
- 09/14/2018 Texas A&M AgriLife high tunnel study expands
- 09/13/2018 Company-university partnership helps build Mexico’s greenhouse industry
- 09/13/2018 Basic requirements when looking for a new greenhouse production site
- 09/13/2018 Belgium: Roeselare breaks ground on 30 ha greenhouse business park
- 09/13/2018 CAN (ON): MJ grower completes first harvest in Strathroy greenhouse
- 09/12/2018 Turkey: Growing bananas in a greenhouse with a steam machine
- 09/12/2018 West Africa's largest hydroponic tomato greenhouse opens in Nigeria
- 09/11/2018 US (TX): High school receives $10K Monsanto grant for greenhouse
- 09/11/2018 Are hot springs the future of farming?
- 09/11/2018 Biggest greenhouse in Siberia for sale