- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Smithers-Oasis promotes Riffey to general manager, grower operations
Bringing more than 30 years of experience to the position, Riffey has held the position of general manager, North America, Oasis Growers Solutions since 2015. In 2016 he was given additional responsibility for South America. Prior to joining Smithers-Oasis, Riffey held the positions of national sales and marketing manager at Pleasant View Gardens, Loudon, N.H., and vice president of sales and marketing, territory sales manager and customer service manager at Aris Horticulture Inc. (formerly Yoder Brothers), Barberton, Ohio.
In his new position, Riffey plans to leverage the existing locations of Smithers-Oasis to build local markets for Oasis Grower Solutions products. He also intends on developing the “Follow the Plants” strategy using technologies from Oasis Grower Solutions, Oasis Floral Products and Floralife post-harvest products to provide insurance through the horticulture supply chain globally.
“The promotion of Bill Riffey is part of our strategic plan that we are confident will significantly increase Oasis Grower Solutions and Floralife global sales,” said Jim Daly, vice president, global Floralife and Grower operations and corporate research.
Riffey earned his bachelor’s degree in ornamental horticulture from the University of Illinois and executive MBA from Kent State University.
Riffey resides in Akron, Ohio, with his wife, two children, two dogs and five cats. In his spare time, Riffey enjoys landscaping, vegetable gardening and remodeling his home.
For more information:
295 Water Street
Kent, OH 44240
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 US: Monsanto asks court to toss $289 million glyphosate verdict
- 09/19/2018 Kenya: Koppert invests in Latia training centre
- 09/18/2018 "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- 09/18/2018 Rijk Zwaan opens brand-new R&D facility in Fijnaart
- 09/18/2018 "The Hague urban greenhouse cannot be made profitable"
- 09/17/2018 Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- 09/17/2018 China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- 09/17/2018 "Growers must get rid of their minority complex'"
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/13/2018 NL: New innovation center The Green East opened
- 09/13/2018 CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- 09/12/2018 Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'
- 09/11/2018 UL/CSA certified cable welding system launched
- 09/11/2018 Urban-gro promotes industry veteran to Executive Vice President, Operations
- 09/11/2018 Oil prices puts pressure on CMA CGM's EBIT, but they stay positive
- 09/10/2018 Biodegradable cultivation tarpaulin on Swedish land
- 09/10/2018 US (AK): Matanuska Experiment Farm gains new director
- 09/10/2018 Bayer CEO doesn't suffer from buyer's remorse
- 09/07/2018 Welding award for KUBO
- 09/07/2018 US facility no longer wants to deal with New Zealand