Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Mario Taal, HSI:
"Vietnam will professionalize horticulture in the near future"
What made HSI decide to be present at the HortEx Vietnam?
"At HSI we are always searching for new opportunities and emerging markets. We analyzed the current market size and potential. We found out our products and approach fit right into the market. Horticulture and floriculture are the most promising sectors of the Vietnamese economy. There is political stability and since 1991 the economy has grown with 7.5% annually. Also the export of fruits & vegetables increased tremendously and the market is focusing on sustainability. We want to help growers by offering a great front and back office service, to achieve higher yield. We are ready to go to the next level and stand out in the world of suppliers."
What would you like to achieve in the coming week?
"Actually it’s very simple: introducing our company, products and service to as many growers as possible. Many people think that a supplier is just a trade company, we’re not. We are a one-stop supplier for every grower around the world. We can serve almost every product needed in and around the greenhouse. We can also give advice about growing, technical installations, transport and documentation. We are proud of our product range and we have developed a couple of our very own.
"Besides high quality general products, we have set our target on sustainable growing. We actually have completed our very own Natural Program of nutrients and stimulants. These products have shown amazing results on quality and yield, we see a bright future for these products. During the show I’ll present myself to answer all questions about our company, products and service."
What do you expect of Vietnam in the long-term?
"That’s a good question! I think that the Vietnamese people are very loyal, they respect service and good value for their money. Once you have proven yourself, they won’t let you down. I’m convinced that Vietnam will professionalize the Horti- and Agriculture in the near future. I hope Hortus Supplies International will get the opportunity to have their contribution in that process."
For more information:
Hortus Supplies International
1432 JH Aalsmeer
+ 31 297 52 49 19
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 Growers in Côte d’Ivoire create own growbags
- 09/18/2018 Dutch greenhouse suppliers unite in Dutch Greenhouse Delta
- 09/18/2018 UK Government presents Agriculture Bill
- 09/18/2018 "Asian markets still open"
- 09/18/2018 New Zealand: Brisk weather brings cheaper broccoli
- 09/17/2018 DUPLICATE Expansion of notice-based process for importation and interstate movement of fruits and vegetables
- 09/17/2018 Success of Agriculture Bill will be in the details, warns British Growers
- 09/14/2018 Nuffield Zimbabwe seeking applicants for 2019 scholarships
- 09/14/2018 Nigeria: Overcoming knowledge barriers to nutritional security, higher income
- 09/14/2018 Romania: €87.8 million to support financing instrument for farmers
- 09/14/2018 Australia: Cucumber growers hit the jackpot
- 09/14/2018 US (CA): Strong production leaves lettuce market subdued
- 09/13/2018 Tomatoes satisfy growers all around Turkey
- 09/13/2018 "Vietnam’s surging agro-economy marked by challenging opportunities"
- 09/13/2018 China: Seasonal peppers enter the market in large volumes
- 09/13/2018 Vegetable prices in India shoot up due to fuel price hikes
- 09/13/2018 Uzbekistan: Exports of tomatoes to Russia tripled
- 09/13/2018 Tanzania: Zanzibar vegetable industry scrutinised
- 09/12/2018 Ireland: Funding for food waste reduction and agri-food tourism projects
- 09/12/2018 Crop Trust expands #CropsInColor palette