Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Growers and traders discuss snack tomato challengesSimply focussing on the production of snack tomatoes will not be enough effort to keep a prominent position in the tomato industry. This became clear yesterday during the Syngenta Tomato Event, organized in Almeria.
The day concluded with a gala dinner. These 5 growers are all members of different Dutch produce organisations - but this far from home that didn't matter.
The breeding company noticed the developments in the market and built an inspiring program around it. Massimo Enzo explained the importance of facing the developments in the market together - especially since the technical developments in the branding industry are expected to speed up the breeding process and being in touch with the market is essential for Syngenta, but also for the growers, marketeers and retailers.
Amongst the 200+ participants of course an Italian delegation
In several presentations, insights were given on general market developments and changes in the tomato industry specifically. Over the next days we will of course share these with you, but today a visit to the Syngenta demo greenhouse is scheduled.
A part of the Belgium/Dutch team
Other news in this sector: