Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia intercepts 250 kg of thrips-infected strawberries
Juicy, ripe and fragrant strawberries where brought to Saint Petersburg from Armenia on March 8, just in time for Women's Day. The berries, delivered by aircraft, were greeted by inspectors of Saint Petersburg's division of the Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance (FSVPS). Apparently, the strawberries did not arrive alone: the inspectors discovered the strawberries were infected with thrips.
“The results of the laboratory tests carried out by the specialists of the Leningrad interregional veterinary laboratory have confirmed the presence of this dangerous quarantine pest in the fresh berries”, reported the press service of the FSVPS head office.
All the 250 kilos of berries, along with their insect companions, were sent back to Armenia.
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Other news in this sector: