Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia intercepts 250 kg of thrips-infected strawberries
Juicy, ripe and fragrant strawberries where brought to Saint Petersburg from Armenia on March 8, just in time for Women's Day. The berries, delivered by aircraft, were greeted by inspectors of Saint Petersburg's division of the Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance (FSVPS). Apparently, the strawberries did not arrive alone: the inspectors discovered the strawberries were infected with thrips.
“The results of the laboratory tests carried out by the specialists of the Leningrad interregional veterinary laboratory have confirmed the presence of this dangerous quarantine pest in the fresh berries”, reported the press service of the FSVPS head office.
All the 250 kilos of berries, along with their insect companions, were sent back to Armenia.
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Other news in this sector: