Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bayer in exclusive talks with BASF on the sale of vegetable seeds businessBayer is in exclusive talks with BASF on the sale of its entire vegetable seeds business. Through this and related moves, Bayer is confident of fully addressing all concerns of the European Commission.
On October 13, 2017, Bayer had already agreed to sell selected Crop Science businesses to BASF for 5.9 billion euros. This first package covers Bayerís global glufosinate-ammonium business and the related LibertyLink technology for herbicide tolerance, essentially all of the companyís field crop seed businesses, and the respective research and development capabilities. The seed businesses being divested include the global cotton seed business (excluding India and South Africa), the oilseed rape/canola business in North America and Europe, and the soybean seed business.
Any sales and licenses would be subject to a successful closing of the proposed acquisition of Monsanto, which remains subject to customary closing conditions, including receipt of required regulatory approvals. The European Commission recently extended the examination deadline for the acquisition until April 5. Bayer is working closely with the authorities worldwide in order to successfully close the transaction in the second quarter of 2018.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Other news in this sector: