Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Foreign farmers pour investments in Da LatBringing sea water to mountains to grow vegetables is what Low Kok Chiang, 70, a Singaporean farmer, is doing at an organic vegetable farm at the foot of Voi Mountain, 15 kilometers from Da Lat City.
The man and his wife from HCMC decided to stay in Da Lat and develop a vegetable farm when they fell in love with the land during a trip.
On the 2-hectare farm, they grow many vegetables, including wheatgrass, used to treat diabetes. To grow snowdrops, Low has to water plants with sea water brought from Phan Rang.
A farmer from South Korea, Son Sang-hyeon, 41, is running a farm in Da Nhim commune where he grows Korean strawberries.
All the equipment at the glasshouse was brought from South Korea. It has a sensor system recording temperature, humidity and an automatic ventilation system. Every day, his farm harvests 30-40 kilograms of strawberries.
Read more at VietNamNet (Kim Chi)
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Other news in this sector: