Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Foreign farmers pour investments in Da LatBringing sea water to mountains to grow vegetables is what Low Kok Chiang, 70, a Singaporean farmer, is doing at an organic vegetable farm at the foot of Voi Mountain, 15 kilometers from Da Lat City.
The man and his wife from HCMC decided to stay in Da Lat and develop a vegetable farm when they fell in love with the land during a trip.
On the 2-hectare farm, they grow many vegetables, including wheatgrass, used to treat diabetes. To grow snowdrops, Low has to water plants with sea water brought from Phan Rang.
A farmer from South Korea, Son Sang-hyeon, 41, is running a farm in Da Nhim commune where he grows Korean strawberries.
All the equipment at the glasshouse was brought from South Korea. It has a sensor system recording temperature, humidity and an automatic ventilation system. Every day, his farm harvests 30-40 kilograms of strawberries.
Read more at VietNamNet (Kim Chi)
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Other news in this sector: