Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fiji women learn hydroponic cultivation from Indonesian pioneerIndonesian hydroponics trainer Jackie Ambadar says she told Fiji Muslim League president Hafiz Khan two years ago that she wants to train the women at the centre to develop their own hydroponics farm at home.
"That's how I started this new hydroponics training course at the training centre this year," she said.
"I started in hydroponics five years ago in Indonesia when I learned that this was a very healthy way of planting vegetables because no pesticides are used.
"We started designing urban farming programs in Indonesia and now I'm very happy that a lot of people back home, who live in big houses, are doing their own farming at home because health is our number one concern right now," she said.
Ms Ambadar said they started by teaching the students at the centre to use old and recycled materials such as empty plastic bottles, buckets and discarded plastic pipes in developing their hydroponics farms.
Read more at The Fiji Times (Manasa Kalouniviti)
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Other news in this sector: