- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Sorting Brussels sprouts optically halves staff needed”
- Success of Agriculture Bill will be in the details, warns British Growers
- US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- “Speeding up microgreens harvest up to 90%”
- Grower roundtable keynote presentation announced for OGS 2018
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Fiji women learn hydroponic cultivation from Indonesian pioneer
"That's how I started this new hydroponics training course at the training centre this year," she said.
"I started in hydroponics five years ago in Indonesia when I learned that this was a very healthy way of planting vegetables because no pesticides are used.
"We started designing urban farming programs in Indonesia and now I'm very happy that a lot of people back home, who live in big houses, are doing their own farming at home because health is our number one concern right now," she said.
Ms Ambadar said they started by teaching the students at the centre to use old and recycled materials such as empty plastic bottles, buckets and discarded plastic pipes in developing their hydroponics farms.
Read more at The Fiji Times (Manasa Kalouniviti)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 03/30/2018 Best practices for growing tomatoes yearly in a high tunnel
- 03/29/2018 "Radiant heat SON-T reaches deeper than convection heat LED"
- 03/28/2018 Ventilation and illuminated tomato cultivation
- 03/27/2018 Preventing chilling injury in basil
- 03/26/2018 Creating the climate needed to provide produce
- 03/23/2018 CAN (BC): BioPod paves way for greenhouse innovation
- 03/22/2018 How to size a greenhouse heating system
- 03/20/2018 Spain: Granada-based producers assess extent of flood damage
- 03/19/2018 NL: Exceptional weather good test case pepper trial 2SaveEnergyKas
- 03/16/2018 Turkish government distributes greenhouse nylon to growers
- 03/15/2018 "Less gas, more heat, this is the moment"
- 03/14/2018 New climate screen offers more light and lower energy costs
- 03/13/2018 Russia: Year-round vegetables under Polar conditions
- 03/12/2018 "The technology of cultivating on water is fascinating"
- 03/09/2018 Finland: Growing tomatoes with just five hours of daylight per day
- 03/08/2018 Improve plant growth controls with thermal imaging in greenhouses
- 03/07/2018 Fiji women learn hydroponic cultivation from Indonesian pioneer
- 03/06/2018 Farming on the moon
- 03/05/2018 Uganda: Orphans grow vegetables thanks to greenhouse
- 03/02/2018 NL: Daylight greenhouse (almost) completed