Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CPMA pleased with progress at Round 7 of NAFTA
The Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) is pleased with the progress made during Round 7 of negotiations on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) which concluded today in Mexico City. The closing of the Good Regulatory Practices Chapter, the Sanitary and Phytosanitary Chapter and significant advances on biotechnology demonstrate that negotiators in all three NAFTA countries are working hard to achieve a successful outcome for NAFTA 2.0.
“The advancements made in key chapters for the fresh produce industry demonstrate that significant progress is being made during the NAFTA negotiations, said CPMA President Ron Lemaire. “While we are pleased with many of the outcomes of Round 7, we remain concerned with the seasonality provision and sunset clause being proposed. Both of these proposals will significantly impact the fresh produce industry and create an uncertain trading environment that will harm businesses and consumers in all three countries.”
CPMA applauds Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and Global Affairs Canada for their efforts in keeping stakeholders apprised of developments relating to NAFTA. CPMA will continue to support Canadian negotiators leading up to and during Round 8 of negotiations which will take place in Washington, DC.
CPMA will continue to share information with members as it becomes publicly available.
For more information:
Canadian Produce Marketing Association
Tel: +1 (613) 226-4187 x227
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Other news in this sector: