Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Experts to increase plum tomato productivityA group of experts has partnered with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) to come up with a program aimed to increase the productivity of processing fresh tomatoes or plum tomatoes, since the productivity is known to be threatened by many diseases.
The Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development of the DOST (DOST-PCAARRD) funded the program titled, “Development of Integrated Crop Management (ICM-Tomato) for Increasing the Productivity of Fresh and Processing Tomato Production,” which will last three years and is expected to benefit at least 2,000 tomato farmers by 2020.
The program has three project components: diseases; insect pests and weeds; and nutrient management. The most destructive disease of which is the tomato leaf curl disease, which is transmitted by whiteflies. “Ilocos Red,” the variety being planted by NFC for processing to paste, is susceptible to said disease.
Read more at the Manila Bulletin (Dhel Nazario)
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Other news in this sector: