Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria: Tomato growers say policy has enriched more farmersMr Adamu Musa, the National Organising Secretary, National Tomato Growers, Processors and Marketers Association of Nigeria said the Federal Government’s agricultural policy had enriched more farmers in the last two years.
Musa said that the acceptance and participation of Nigerians in the Federal Government agricultural policy had made many farmers richer in the last two years than they were.
According to him, farmers are smiling to the banks because the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari has given a lot of support and has made farming lucrative through subsidies.
Musa commended the Dangote Tomato Processing Company in Kano for the company’s efforts in creating markets for tomato farmers to take their produce to.
He also appreciated the efforts of Alhaji Aliko Dangote in the area of tomato offtake.
Musa noted that this has helped tomato farmers a lot as they no longer need to worry about their produce.
Read more at PM News Nigeria
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Other news in this sector: