Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
May 2-4, Las Vegas
US (NV): Tour a 215,000 ft2 plant factory at Indoor Ag-ConIndoor agriculture, the practice of growing crops using hydroponic, aquaponic and aeroponic techniques, is one of the fastest growing areas of agriculture. Investors and large companies are joining the industry in record numbers as they recognize consumer demand for fresh, local produce anytime, anywhere. Indoor Ag-Con is the premier event covering the technology of growing crops in greenhouses, warehouses and containers. It is returning to Las Vegas for the sixth year in May 2018. This years’ event includes several new features; a new business track, mini workshops and a plant factory tour.
The two-day event will be hosted at the Las Vegas Convention Center on May 2-3, 2018 and will include an exhibition hall and an exciting lineup of speakers including representatives from Autogrow, Fresh Box Farms, Microsoft, Plenty Ag, Priva, Square Roots and Urban Crop Solutions, among many others. We will be covering a broad range of crop types – such as, leafy greens, cannabis, insects, aquaculture and medicinal crops – as well as technologies ranging from artificial intelligence to LED lighting to control systems. Participants will receive an exclusive hard copy of the newest edition in the popular white paper series in the event gift bag, along with novel items such as insect-based snack bars. They will have the opportunity to network during the day, through the event app and at the after party in the exhibition hall on the first evening of the event. The event’s lead sponsors are CropKing and Plenty Ag, and other sponsors include Agrinamics, Autogrow, Fresh Box Farms, Joe Produce, Kennett Township, and Urban Crop Solutions.
The exhibition hall already includes companies such as Certon, Fluence Bioengineering, Illumitex and Priva. Options for exhibitors include furnished booths, product showcases and business suites in addition to regular ‘space only’ booths. Container farm suppliers again have dedicated pitches to showcase their products. The exhibition hall will also feature a dedicated media area for the first time this year. Further details on exhibiting can be found at indoor.ag/exhibitlv.
The CropKing team will be bringing their wisdom to Indoor Ag-Con in the form of half-day mini-workshops onsite. They're open exclusively to registered Indoor Ag-Con participants, and there's no additional charge.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Other news in this sector: