Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US: Healthy households buy directly from growers
The researchers found that purchasing fruits and vegetables at a DTC outlet was positively associated with several healthy practices. For example, people buying fruits and vegetables directly from farmers were more likely to have a vegetable garden (45 versus 25 percent of non-DTC shoppers), to be aware of USDA’s MyPlate campaign to promote Federal dietary guidance, and to search the internet for information on healthy eating. Households that bought fruits and vegetables directly from farmers were also more likely to rate the healthfulness of their diets as excellent or very good.
This chart appears in the ERS report, The Relationship Between Patronizing Direct-to-Consumer Outlets and a Household’s Demand for Fruits and Vegetables, January 2018.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/12/2018 Tomatoes could hold the key for infertility problems
- 09/07/2018 ‘French Fries: No. 1 vegetable toddlers consume’
- 09/06/2018 US: Kansas church dinner - tomatoes and Salmonella
- 09/05/2018 New 'superfood' salad by Californian producer
- 08/30/2018 Urban food security in the context of inequality and dietary change
- 08/29/2018 Bees are becoming ‘addicted’ to pesticides blamed for killing them
- 08/28/2018 "Agriculture must battle chronic disease"
- 08/21/2018 Strawberries may help against inflammatory bowel disease
- 08/17/2018 Chemicals found in vegetables prevent colon cancer in mice
- 08/17/2018 Scurvy makes comeback in the West
- 08/16/2018 Fewer than 1 in 10 Australians eats enough vegetables
- 08/10/2018 US (IL): University researches health benefits of heirloom tomatoes
- 08/09/2018 Videogame-strategy used to get children eating more fruit and veggies
- 08/09/2018 Food Bank using 'veggie meter' to encourage healthy eating
- 07/16/2018 Allergy potential of strawberries and tomatoes depends on the variety
- 07/12/2018 US (OH): Creating incentives for better food choices
- 07/10/2018 "School food policies have potential to improve health"
- 06/28/2018 EU: Call for best practices on healthy and sustainable food systems
- 06/19/2018 CAN (QC): Father sentenced over uneaten vegetables
- 05/18/2018 More than 100 types of herbs, throughout the year