- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Higher autumn prices won't compensate for poor eggplant season"
- Vietnam gets more biocontrol options
- US (WA): Construction permit issued for 44,000 sq.ft. MMJ facility
- US (MO): Bayer donates living billboards harvest to St. Louis Area Foodbank
- FPAA to hold first ever women’s leadership invitational
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Northern Adelaide Irrigation Scheme project proposal deadline extended
Australian and international agribusinesses now have until 14 March to lodge proposals through the SA Tenders and Contracts website – tenders.sa.gov.au – for the opportunity to secure a reliable and long-term supply of climate and season-independent water.
12 gigalitres (GL) a year of high quality recycled water from SA Water's largest metropolitan wastewater treatment plant will be made available through the scheme for advanced horticulture and high-tech food production north of Adelaide.
This water is suitable for horticulture, floriculture, fruit and nut orchards, table and wine grapes, high-value broad-acre cropping, poultry and other intensive animal husbandry, and aquaculture.
The $155.6 million scheme has been developed in partnership by SA Water and Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA). It is supported financially by the South Australian and Australian Governments, with funding coming from a combination of capital grants and user charges.
All NAIS customers will be required to make a one-off capital contribution, pay annual service and consumption charges, and will also be responsible for on-farm infrastructure.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 US: Rat lungworm infection linked to raw vegetables
- 09/12/2018 Pepper virus wreaks havoc in Balkan horticulture
- 09/11/2018 ICBA, South Korean agriculture agency join forces for biosaline R&D
- 09/11/2018 Unbelievably huge UK vegetables
- 09/10/2018 Best time to post on Social Media
- 09/07/2018 Why grow strawberries on coconut?
- 09/07/2018 UK: New pilot scheme to bring 2,500 seasonal workers to farms
- 09/06/2018 "With AI, jobs are changing but no mass unemployment expected"
- 09/06/2018 Video: Autonomous Greenhouse Challenge started
- 09/05/2018 Dreer Award offers opportunities to pursue horticultural interests abroad
- 09/05/2018 Red chilli pepper harvest in Xinjiang
- 09/04/2018 Microbial contamination important to growers even without rule
- 09/03/2018 Makueni County Youth set off for hydroponics training
- 09/03/2018 Reusing rinse water with innovative filter
- 08/31/2018 Spain: Painting the town …with tomatoes
- 08/29/2018 The problem with hyperaccumulators
- 08/29/2018 Students provide horticulture assistance in Timor-Leste
- 08/28/2018 All aboard the floating farm
- 08/27/2018 Vegetable crops and their response to nitrogen
- 08/23/2018 US (NH): High tunnels lead to higher ginger yields