Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Northern Adelaide Irrigation Scheme project proposal deadline extendedDue to increased interest, the closing date has been extended for round two project proposals for access to water through the Northern Adelaide Irrigation Scheme (NAIS).
Australian and international agribusinesses now have until 14 March to lodge proposals through the SA Tenders and Contracts website – tenders.sa.gov.au – for the opportunity to secure a reliable and long-term supply of climate and season-independent water.
12 gigalitres (GL) a year of high quality recycled water from SA Water's largest metropolitan wastewater treatment plant will be made available through the scheme for advanced horticulture and high-tech food production north of Adelaide.
This water is suitable for horticulture, floriculture, fruit and nut orchards, table and wine grapes, high-value broad-acre cropping, poultry and other intensive animal husbandry, and aquaculture.
The $155.6 million scheme has been developed in partnership by SA Water and Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA). It is supported financially by the South Australian and Australian Governments, with funding coming from a combination of capital grants and user charges.
All NAIS customers will be required to make a one-off capital contribution, pay annual service and consumption charges, and will also be responsible for on-farm infrastructure.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Other news in this sector: