- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
South Africa: Margaret Roberts honored with seed bank
Symbolically, it also marked the official launch of a new phase in her legacy seed bank project.
The seed bank at the Margaret Roberts Herbal Centre in De Wildt is a repository of 1500 seeds representing South Africa’s indigenous food and medicinal plants.
Her daughter Sandy explained at an event at the centre on Saturday that the seed bank was germinated when her daughter (now a teenager) had been a toddler at the newly-formed Mountain Cambridge Pre-Primary School at Hartbeespoort, and Sandy and her mother would gather seeds for the children to plant in the school’s gardens.
But it was on a holiday visit to the Seychelles, where Roberts discovered that the island nation had a national seed bank to protect its plant diversity for the future, that the idea really grew.
Read more at Pretoria News (Val Boje)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 Jumping genes drive chromosome changes in strawberries
- 09/18/2018 How a French prince is saving the world from tasteless tomatoes
- 09/17/2018 US (NY): New high-yield strawberry, raspberry varieties released
- 09/06/2018 At breeder TomaTech, it's not just about the tomatoes
- 08/31/2018 US (PA): CRISPR mushroom is changing the dialogue around GMOs
- 08/31/2018 Groundwork for playing with the architecture of plants
- 08/31/2018 How nuclear science helps improve food
- 08/30/2018 ASTA highlights Farm Bill Conference priorities
- 08/30/2018 "Convenience is a trend in breeding"
- 08/23/2018 Crop innovators partner to unlock intrinsic yield and sustainability genes
- 08/22/2018 University of Toronto to develop disease-resistant vegetables
- 08/21/2018 What’s new in sweet potatoes and tomatoes
- 08/20/2018 Turkey: New tomato becomes more tasty under stress
- 08/20/2018 Azerbaijan taking steps for production of vegetable seeds
- 08/17/2018 Canada invests in vegetable breeding research
- 08/16/2018 "Gene-editing startups ignite the next 'Frankenfood' fight"
- 08/15/2018 Next stage for Advanced Berry Breeding
- 08/14/2018 Inari secures $40 million to expand plant breeding technologies
- 08/13/2018 More hot peppers grown in Argentina in recent years
- 08/13/2018 Proteins generate 'wow factors' in fruits and vegetables