Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vegetable Garden Bill clears U.S. SenateRooted in a legal dispute in South Florida, last Thursday the U.S. Senate overwhelmingly passed a bill that would prevent local governments from regulating vegetable gardens on residential properties. Senators voted 36-1 to approve the measure sponsored by Sen. Rob Bradley.
News4jax.com reports how the bill stems from a dispute between homeowners Hermine Ricketts and Laurence Carroll and the Village of Miami Shores over an ordinance that bans front-yard vegetable gardens. The couple had maintained a front-yard garden for nearly two decades but uprooted their vegetables when faced with the possibility of fines. They challenged the constitutionality of the ordinance but lost in court.
While the bill easily cleared the Senate on Thursday, the House does not have a version of the measure, with little more than a week left in the annual legislative session.
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Other news in this sector: