Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (NC): Funding available for farmers markets advertisingNorth Carolina farmers markets can expand their advertising budgets through a new cooperative grant being offered by the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. As part of the grant, the department will pay half of the total cost of advertising up to $2,500.
“There are more than 250 farmers markets across North Carolina, and many of them are operated by local municipalities and nonprofits,” said Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler. “We hope these grants will help offset the cost of advertising for local markets, so they can better promote themselves and the farmers they represent.”
To qualify, all advertising must take place between March 1 and Dec. 31, 2018. Eligible expenses include advertising on billboards, magazines, newspapers, television, radio and websites. Funds also can be used for promotional items, signage and brochures. Funds cannot be used for expenses related to trade show exhibits, product labels, shipping, mailing labels or postage.
Interested farmers markets should complete a pre-approval form, which is available by contacting NCDA&CS marketing specialist Kevin Hardison at 919-707-3123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cooperative advertising funds are made possible through a $100,000 grant from the N.C. Tobacco Trust Fund Commission. Funds will be available until all money has been allocated. Contact Hardison for more information.
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Other news in this sector: