Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (HI): Aquaponics food safety debate resolvedA South Kona aquaponics farmer was told by the Health Department Friday that a restaurant would not be allowed to buy her crops.
The message came after a restaurant customer complained about an insect part traced to the farm's lettuce.
Following the complaint, the Department of Health decided to enforce a state rule against selling raw produce grown using water contaminated by animals.
Peter Oshiro, Environmental Health program manager, told Hawaii News Now it will repeal the outdated rule because research shows aquaponics produce is no more of a risk than produce grown in the soil.
Read more at Hawaii News Now (Mahealani Richardson)
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Other news in this sector: