Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Iraq: 20-hectare plant nursery opens in KurdistanThe biggest plant nursery in the Kurdistan Region was opened in Sulaimani on Friday with an event attended by the governor and Ministry of Agriculture officials.
“We have been working on this project for a year and a half. We have built nearly 100 greenhouses for plant cuttings and so on. One million cuttings have been prepared. Nearly six million flowers are ready,” Kurdo Aziz, manager of the project, told Rudaw.
“Nearly 300 people work here. The number will increase when the project expands as we aim to expand it much more. We are creating something so that nobody considers bringing in flowers and saplings from outside.”
The nursery is built on 55 hectares and about 20 hectares of projects have been completed. It is located on the Sulaimani-Tasluja road, west of the city, and will grow both flowers and vegetables.
There is also a fertilizer factory within the project, something Kurdo contends they have been successful with.
He believes their nursery will eventually be able to meet domestic demands for all of Iraq and he hopes they will also be able to export their products.
Read more at Rudaw
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Other news in this sector: