Top 5 -yesterday
- ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- UK: Brassicas and Leafy Salads Conference
- Success of Agriculture Bill will be in the details, warns British Growers
- US (GA): Hydroponic lettuce on the school lunch line
- Russia: High-tech greenhouse complex opened in Rostov region
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Peru: Exporters want bell pepper and capsicums back in deductions system
- Spain: Marketability probability study of cherry tomato cultivars
- "More sustainable crops just a spray away"
- Basic requirements when looking for a new greenhouse production site
- "Vietnam’s surging agro-economy marked by challenging opportunities"
October 10-12, Breda
IPPS 6-Packer award puts European horticulture in the spotlight
This year’s conference, named ‘Built to Adapt’ will be held in Breda, Netherlands on 10-12th October 2018.
The two-and-a-half-day programme includes presentations and discussions led by growers and experts in nursery technology and innovation alongside visits to nurseries and other businesses to see how some of the ideas being discussed are put into practice. This includes visits to leading nurseries such as Florensis BV, one of the largest plug producers in the world and Special Plant Zundert, an innovative grower specialising in Green Tea production.
Ben Gregory, IPPS European Region Vice President said: "This is a fantastic opportunity for young horticulturists to meet with other growers, hear about the latest practices and innovations from industry experts and visit different nurseries and other businesses to see these ideas being successfully used”.
The award is open to anyone who is ‘relatively new’ to working in commercial ornamental horticulture or is currently studying to enter the industry. IPPS European Region will cover all board, lodging and conference fees plus contribute to travel costs. Up to six places are available and one of the lucky winners will also be selected to take part in the IPPS International Exchange scheme which will give them the opportunity to travel to one of the other IPPS Regions to attend its conference.
"The opportunities opened up by this award have already inspired dozens of young horticulturists. Invaluable contacts in the industry throughout Europe are made, and access opened to visit nurseries, gardens, research centres and even zoos! I encourage anyone looking for direction for their future in horticulture to apply”, said Ben. “We are looking forward to welcoming this year’s successful candidates in Breda and wish those who enter the best of luck.”
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 It's all about sustainable urban planning at IPM Dubai 2018
- 09/17/2018 UK: Growing media developments in soft fruit propagation
- 09/17/2018 Higher than expected turnout at Rijk Zwaan open day
- 09/17/2018 Summer School Greenhouse Horticulture #SSGH18
- 09/17/2018 UK: Brassicas and Leafy Salads Conference
- 09/17/2018 ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- 09/14/2018 Wanted: Future proof vegetable producers
- 09/13/2018 Flemish Minister completes internship at Antwerp tomato company
- 09/13/2018 US (NY): Sustainability symposium to focus on biological products
- 09/13/2018 Artificial intelligence & automation highlighted at the 2018 CGC
- 09/13/2018 US: 2018 Virginia Smart Farming Conference postponed
- 09/13/2018 UK: David Domoney opens 2018 CIH Conference
- 09/13/2018 US (NY): Indoor Ag-Con pops up in Brooklyn
- 09/12/2018 The newest technology in lighting your commercial grow
- 09/12/2018 Italy: Veggie support for 7th Alzheimer Marathon
- 09/11/2018 US: Semi trucks carrying fruit overturn, in Oklahoma and California
- 09/10/2018 "How does LED technology benefit a growing business?"
- 09/10/2018 US (MA): Business and marketing sessions at NGCE
- 09/07/2018 Convenience trends at the Asiafruit Congress
- 09/07/2018 Measuring light in a greenhouse: why, what, when and how