Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
October 10-12, Breda
IPPS 6-Packer award puts European horticulture in the spotlightThe IPPS 6-Packer award gives six ‘new to the industry’ horticulturalists the chance to attend the IPPS European Region Annual Conference free of charge.
This year’s conference, named ‘Built to Adapt’ will be held in Breda, Netherlands on 10-12th October 2018.
The two-and-a-half-day programme includes presentations and discussions led by growers and experts in nursery technology and innovation alongside visits to nurseries and other businesses to see how some of the ideas being discussed are put into practice. This includes visits to leading nurseries such as Florensis BV, one of the largest plug producers in the world and Special Plant Zundert, an innovative grower specialising in Green Tea production.
Ben Gregory, IPPS European Region Vice President said: "This is a fantastic opportunity for young horticulturists to meet with other growers, hear about the latest practices and innovations from industry experts and visit different nurseries and other businesses to see these ideas being successfully used”.
The award is open to anyone who is ‘relatively new’ to working in commercial ornamental horticulture or is currently studying to enter the industry. IPPS European Region will cover all board, lodging and conference fees plus contribute to travel costs. Up to six places are available and one of the lucky winners will also be selected to take part in the IPPS International Exchange scheme which will give them the opportunity to travel to one of the other IPPS Regions to attend its conference.
"The opportunities opened up by this award have already inspired dozens of young horticulturists. Invaluable contacts in the industry throughout Europe are made, and access opened to visit nurseries, gardens, research centres and even zoos! I encourage anyone looking for direction for their future in horticulture to apply”, said Ben. “We are looking forward to welcoming this year’s successful candidates in Breda and wish those who enter the best of luck.”
For more information:
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Other news in this sector: