- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Lettuce: increased yields with fewer hectares
AU: Trends in Greenhouse Vegetable Production - 2008 to 2016
Tomato increase in area, with more than a doubled increase in yields.
From 2008 to 2016, the greenhouse tomato area has increased by +32%, to 251 ha. Even more dramatically, the yields have more than doubled (+129%). These tomato yields were 31.3 million kg in 2008 and have risen to 71.7 million kg by 2016.
Capsicum, the exception - increased area with decreased yields
Capsicum (peppers) are the exception crop in this comparison. Over the same 8 years, the greenhouse area has increased by 13% to 172 ha. The yields, however, have decreased by almost 14%, down from 9.5 million kg in 2008 to 8.2 million kg in 2016.
The complete, detailed, data source with reference links for the World Greenhouse Vegetable Statistics, including all available data for Australia, is in the 2018 International Greenhouse Vegetable Statistics publication at: http://www.cuestaroble.com/statistics.htm
Cuesta Roble Consulting
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 US: Forty-four States allowed households to apply online for SNAP benefits in 2016
- 09/21/2018 CAN (AB): Province announces changes to Green Certificate Program
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 "Aquaponics can revitalize Connecticut’s economy"
- 09/21/2018 3rd China-ASEAN Agricultural Cooperation Forum held in Nanning
- 09/21/2018 HortiFresh to stimulate fruits and vegetables sector in West Africa
- 09/21/2018 "France and Belgium are positioning themselves on dual-use varieties"
- 09/20/2018 USDA awards CLEDA $294,286 farmers market grant
- 09/20/2018 Who is buying the most organic groceries?
- 09/20/2018 US (FL): Agriculture, natural resources and food industries grew 2007-2016
- 09/20/2018 $450k for agtech/foodtech companies through Radicle Global Pre-Seed Challenge
- 09/20/2018 Strong production leaves California lettuce market subdued
- 09/20/2018 Costa Rican government and unions willing to start a dialogue to end the strike
- 09/20/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/20/2018 China's annual output of peppers is 40 million tons
- 09/19/2018 "Vertical farming in the Netherlands not an addition"
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/19/2018 UK: LEAF welcomes launch of new Agriculture Bill
- 09/19/2018 Queensland strawberry industry calls for calm in wake of tampering issue