- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (IL): Monsanto opens Innovation Center at University of Illinois
When fully staffed, the Monsanto Innovation Center will employ more than two dozen students who will enhance and augment a robust agricultural innovation portfolio with additional enabling capabilities like IT, data science and engineering. Students will focus on cutting-edge, real-world, social, scientific challenges in areas like advanced analytics, operations research, phenomics, genomics, plant science and precision breeding technologies. The center will employ students who are studying disciplines such as electrical engineering, UX design, mechanical engineering, software engineering and imaging sensor science.
The Center will use digital tools and data to drive agricultural innovations which increase efficiency and reduce the amount of water, land, and energy necessary to meet the world's food, fuel and fiber needs.
“At Monsanto, we are a company built on innovation. We believe connecting new talent and ideas accelerates the discovery needed to feed and sustain our world,” said Mike Graham, vice president of Global Plant Breeding. “The Monsanto Innovation Center will cultivate future scientists who have the opportunity to shape how data science is applied to modern agriculture.”
“Continued advancement of research and educational programs at leading universities is essential to the future success of modern agriculture. Additionally, it’s critical we support the training and development of the next generation so they can apply their education and implement new technologies to help solve agricultural challenges,” said Sam Eathington, chief science officer at The Climate Corporation. “It’s for this reason we have invested in the new innovation center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, to help deliver on this promise."
The Center has hired both graduate and undergraduate students from across campus, representing at least four different colleges and multiple disciplines. It is focused on fostering a collaborative, entrepreneurial and solution-based framework where students will engage with innovative projects designed to help facilitate professional development.
“The Monsanto Innovation Center at Research Park represents the next frontier of a relationship that spans decades,” said University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign chancellor Robert J. Jones. “Tapping into the talent base of our students is a win-win. For them, getting to address some of the complex problems facing society is part of the fabric of what it means to get an Illinois education.”
The Center opens with seven highly-skilled student interns. It will continue to recruit top University talent to fill roles as additional projects come to fruition.
“Monsanto and the University of Illinois have deep ties thanks to a long-lasting, strong relationship. We anticipate that will only continue thanks to this unique opportunity to grow a footprint directly on campus in the Research Park,” said Blake Giles, site director of the new Monsanto Innovation Center.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 US: Monsanto asks court to toss $289 million glyphosate verdict
- 09/19/2018 Kenya: Koppert invests in Latia training centre
- 09/18/2018 Rijk Zwaan opens brand-new R&D facility in Fijnaart
- 09/18/2018 "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- 09/18/2018 "The Hague urban greenhouse cannot be made profitable"
- 09/17/2018 Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- 09/17/2018 China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- 09/17/2018 "Growers must get rid of their minority complex'"
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/13/2018 CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- 09/13/2018 NL: New innovation center The Green East opened
- 09/12/2018 Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'
- 09/11/2018 Oil prices puts pressure on CMA CGM's EBIT, but they stay positive
- 09/11/2018 Urban-gro promotes industry veteran to Executive Vice President, Operations
- 09/11/2018 UL/CSA certified cable welding system launched
- 09/10/2018 US (AK): Matanuska Experiment Farm gains new director
- 09/10/2018 Biodegradable cultivation tarpaulin on Swedish land
- 09/10/2018 Bayer CEO doesn't suffer from buyer's remorse
- 09/07/2018 Welding award for KUBO
- 09/07/2018 US facility no longer wants to deal with New Zealand