Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Wesley Van Camp honored with Ag leadership award
Wesley Van Camp, Vice President of Legal and General Counsel for Tanimura & Antle, was honored with the Salinas Valley Chamber of Commerce Ag Leadership award on Thursday, February 22nd.
The Ag Leadership award recognizes Wesley for her leadership in resolving the challenge of farmworker housing in the Salinas Valley by spearheading Tanimura & Antle’s Spreckels Crossing housing project.
“Our CEO, Rick Antle, sets a high bar. And it is Rick who launched me on my journey as an advocate for agriculture and for this community,” stated Wesley in her acceptance speech. “It has truly been a privileged journey to set remarkable projects and ideas in motion, like quality agricultural employee housing. It is inspiring to know that we are all committed to creating a strong local economy and promoting our local community.”
The employee-only residential housing complex, Spreckels Crossing, officially opened for Tanimura & Antle employees in April of 2016 and is about to welcome its third season of resident employee owners. The complex consists of 100, two-bedroom, two-bathroom fully furnished units with the capacity to house up to eight employees per unit; though if preferred, they have the option to rent a room with fewer occupants. The complex also includes an on-site store and lounge with access to computers, laundry room, recreation room, baseball and soccer fields, and communal barbecue and picnic areas.
Wesley received her Bachelor of Science in Evolution & Ecology from the University of California, Davis and a Juris Doctorate from Santa Clara University. She started her career with Tanimura & Antle in 2002 and actively serves on the United Fresh Produce Association Government Relations Council and is an executive committee member of the Monterey County Business Council.
For more information:
Tanimura & Antle
Tel: +1 (831) 455.4150
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Other news in this sector: