Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Azerbaijan: The main tomato supplier to Russia in 2017Russian media, citing the Federal Customs Committee, reported that Azerbaijan was the leading tomato exporter to Russia in 2017.
Azerbaijan increased its export volume by 50 percent to 151,000 tons (worth some $151 million dollars). Azerbaijanís share in the Russian tomato import increased from 22 percent in 2016 to 30 percent in 2017.
According to en.trend.az, Russia accounted for 99.8 percent of Azerbaijanís total tomato export in 2017. China held the second place with 109,000 tons (a 26 percent year-on-year increase). Morocco went down to the third place (from the first place it held in 2016). The countryís share correspondingly decreased to 23 percent with 97,000 tons. Belarus with 70,000 tons and Iran with 9,000 tons also entered the Top 5.
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Other news in this sector: