- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (NV): Marapharm finalizes installations in Las Vegas
The installation of the HVAC equipment is underway. Marapharm is leveraging propane engines to produce chilled water for their HVAC needs. This system will allow precise control over both temperature and humidity, while reducing reliance on electricity supplied by the grid. Components of the heat exchangers, manufactured in Italy, caused a minor delay and have now been shipped.
During a review and audit of the emergency power and back-up procedures, it was determined that an on-site, backup power generation scenario was needed. Marapharm opted for automatic transfer switch gear, this will allow power to be automatically restored, at full capacity, in the event of a power interruption. The equipment has a 10-week lead time for manufacturing.
The company has focused its cultivation efforts on using all Organic Material Review Institute (OMRI) inputs. This allows them to partner with several certification providers that follow the National Organics Program protocol.
As previously announced on December 21, 2017, the company selected American Buildings Company to manufacture the third facility. The order has been placed on hold while engineers review and evaluate the load bearing capacity of the second and third stories, due to cultivation requirements.
State mandates for the final inspection and occupancy permitting have required supplementary construction which has extended the completion schedule by approximately 12 weeks. Security and safety features, including a reinforced room to house the extraction equipment, have been installed per state and local requirements.
“Thank you to all of the shareholders who have been supportive during the construction process, the unforeseen challenges and state compliance. The Company, during its vigorous growth, has successfully navigated its way through this highly regulated sector.” Linda Sampson, CEO.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 US (WA): Construction permit issued for 44,000 sq.ft. MMJ facility
- 09/19/2018 South Africa's highest court legalises cannabis use
- 09/19/2018 CAN (ON): Auto plant converted into medical cannabis cultivation facility in 12 months
- 09/18/2018 CAN (ON): Aleafia’s 160,000 sq. ft. greenhouse retrofitting on schedule
- 09/18/2018 US (CA): Turnkey automated cultivation systems for the cannabis industry
- 09/17/2018 MMJ replaces soybeans as Ontario's new cash crop
- 09/17/2018 Cannabis Research Center opens in Switzerland
- 09/17/2018 US (OK): Former tomato greenhouse ready for organic MMJ
- 09/14/2018 European Parliament looking to improve access to medical cannabis
- 09/14/2018 CAN (ON): MJ grower buys garden centre in $6.7M deal
- 09/11/2018 CAN (BC): Pure Sunfarms to expand cannabis acreage to 550,000 sq.ft.
- 09/11/2018 CAN: Construction update: Weedon, Quebec Greenhouse Project
- 09/10/2018 US (NV): CROP completes purchase of Nye County farm
- 09/10/2018 US: Ohio misses Sept. 8 deadline for medical marijuana program
- 09/07/2018 Delphy gets into cannabis cultivation
- 09/06/2018 CAN (BC): Medicinal greenhouse proposal for Logan Lake
- 09/05/2018 Big-name investors experiment with marijuana stocks
- 09/04/2018 NZ: First company receives medical cannabis license
- 08/31/2018 CAN (ON): Controversial greenhouse now for mums, not pot
- 08/30/2018 US, Mexico discuss cannabis legalization