- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
IoF2020 looks back on first decade
Much of previous efforts culminate in the event gathering more than 200 stakeholders from the agri-food value chain, including farmers, technology providers, high-level policy-makers and renowned academics. Besides creating synergies between those stakeholders and informing about the status quo and the future of digital agriculture in Europe, the event will provide the opportunity to shape the €5 million IoF2020 Open Call. The latter will be launched in the second half of 2018 and is supposed to further push the boundaries of technologies applied to agriculture. The open call is organized as a workshop and gives new partners the possibility to join our consortium in order to help to identify additional areas for application and develop new regions to increase the impact of the project. Since knowledge exchange is an important aspect of our use-cases, IoF2020 are fervently looking forward to the participants’ ideas and contributions to bring the project to the next level. You can follow all activities via the livestream.
IoF2020 implements 19 use-cases across 5 thematic trials: arable crop, dairy, meat, vegetables and fruits. The first results and some challenges those use-cases had to overcome are going to be presented throughout the stakeholder event.
The event will also give the opportunity to experience the applied technologies first-hand by showcasing ICT-solutions in one of the use-cases: The tomato greenhouses.
Upon illustrating the achievements of the first year, sensors have been installed in fields to help farmers manage their crops with greater precision, and knowledge gathered from soy cultivation is transferred into other agronomic fields, such as potato farming. Decision support tools strongly rely on farmers’ inputs to develop an efficient system in connection to current farming practices, which will be among the many objectives for the current year.
At present the IoF2020 consortium represents more than 70 partners from 14 EU countries.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 FPAA to hold first ever women’s leadership invitational
- 09/19/2018 US (IN): How agriculture technologies can be scaled up to save lives
- 09/19/2018 Grower roundtable keynote presentation announced for OGS 2018
- 09/18/2018 It's all about sustainable urban planning at IPM Dubai 2018
- 09/17/2018 UK: Brassicas and Leafy Salads Conference
- 09/17/2018 Summer School Greenhouse Horticulture #SSGH18
- 09/17/2018 Higher than expected turnout at Rijk Zwaan open day
- 09/17/2018 UK: Growing media developments in soft fruit propagation
- 09/17/2018 ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- 09/14/2018 Wanted: Future proof vegetable producers
- 09/13/2018 Artificial intelligence & automation highlighted at the 2018 CGC
- 09/13/2018 US: 2018 Virginia Smart Farming Conference postponed
- 09/13/2018 UK: David Domoney opens 2018 CIH Conference
- 09/13/2018 US (NY): Indoor Ag-Con pops up in Brooklyn
- 09/13/2018 US (NY): Sustainability symposium to focus on biological products
- 09/13/2018 Flemish Minister completes internship at Antwerp tomato company
- 09/12/2018 The newest technology in lighting your commercial grow
- 09/12/2018 Italy: Veggie support for 7th Alzheimer Marathon
- 09/11/2018 US: Semi trucks carrying fruit overturn, in Oklahoma and California
- 09/10/2018 "How does LED technology benefit a growing business?"